Author Topic: When is it time to do the 2-1?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline maybell245

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 04, 2018, 16:04:06 pm »
Hello,
My DD is 11 months and I am just trying to think ahead to the 2-1 transition because I can't remember when we did it with DD#1.  Can someone please direct me to the informational thread with general timelines and things to look for etc.?

Much appreciated!

:)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346

Offline maybell245

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 19:00:02 pm »
Thanks!  I am confused though as to how to start.  Now DD is 14 months and in the past two weeks has done the following:
* refused the morning nap and taken a long pm nap
* taken a long am nap and refused the pm nap
* taken 2 good naps and be cranky when we wake her from the pm nap
* waking early some days, but not others

So which A time should I stretch out since the nap refusal time isn't consistent?

I really think she is trying to tell me she needs less sleep, but there isn't a consistency to which nap she refuses if any.  The days she is taking the 2 good naps are usually a day after refusing 1 of the naps.

Any advice on where to start would be much appreciated.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: When is it time to do the 2-1?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:12:12 am »
So which A time should I stretch out since the nap refusal time isn't consistent?
I would just pick a routine that will work for you (around picking up other children, or whatever else you do regularly that needs accounting for) and stick with it for a week and see how that goes. You can alternate one and two nap days if you so desire. You can do a short AM nap and a long PM nap or vice versa.

Being woken up is unpleasant - a little crankiness when you cap a nap is pretty reasonable and just something you may have to deal with for a while til she's fully onto one nap. Crying is her way to communicate, it doesn't mean you're doing her damage.