Author Topic: 2.5yo BT with NND  (Read 1138 times)

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
2.5yo BT with NND
« on: June 03, 2018, 05:12:33 am »
hello ladies!

How are you all? Could I please get some advice for my 2.5yo Audrey? I looked back at the Nap dropping support thread and thought "oh that lady is having a shocker time, poor thing" - only to realise the lady was me 3 years ago with my DS!  :P

it's been over a week and there has been no napping. Not even in the car despite my best efforts. She's not her usual super chirpy self but our bedtimes are back to normal, she's not melting down completely, NW is minimal at worst but I'm still needing some direction in regards to total day length vs wakeup and night sleep length.

She's been doing a mix of 12-13hr nights (13 usually with a NW briefly calling out, maybe once needing reassurance/sip of water etc). Last night aas 6.30-6.30 (that is when she started chatting but it could have been earlier)..
Th days before were 6.45-8.00 and 6.30-7. Just wondering whether I should just set the BT and hope she regulates? I'd kill for a 7am or even later wakeup to give me more time at night after work and dinner etc but I am worried she is super fragile at present and don't want to make any sudden moves.

She also isn't eating much atthe moment, especially dinner, where she is getting VERY tired. I tried to offer a nap on mh
Y bed with me today and she lay quietly but I woke up an hour later to find her playing in her room ans she honestly told me she hadn't napped but went to the toilet and ate an apple. LOL.

Should I bother trying to offer a nap?

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:35:29 am »
We’re in a similar situation, although I think some days my lo would nap, as she did at Nursery the other day, but then loses so much night sleep as a result, it isn’t worth the nap!
I learned to keep to a set bt as we tried earlier in the hope of tagging on but she just woke earlier. We now aim for 7pm bt, asleep, this gives us around an 11-11.5 night. If she’s been mega busy and active she can push to a 12-12.5 hr night, but very few and far between. 
This final nap drop is a killer. I’ve spent so long driving round for naps, now we are car avoiding so she doesn’t nod off!! 🤦‍♀️

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 2.5yo BT with NND
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 11:54:07 am »
Thanks Conniesmum!! that's great feedback although sorry to hear you're right along side us in this. I might try and very slowly move us to 7pm over a week but I'm so scared of getting into a loop.

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 2.5yo BT with NND
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 17:54:44 pm »
so we are having a long intermittent, crying night waking between 3-4/4.30. It might be time for  a nap....eeek; what should I do? Now I am very worried that she hasn't been sleeping as long as I thought.

now that she has woken at 8am today - should I stick to 11hr day? If she wakes at 7 do I still do an 11hr day ecen though BT will creep earlier and earlier and possibly wake up as a result? I am trying to be consistent but concerned about OT.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 21:54:21 pm by labrodyk »