Author Topic: Wake up in morning getting earlier and earlier  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Wake up in morning getting earlier and earlier
« on: June 04, 2018, 10:44:16 am »
My 22 mo old is waking earlier and earlier every morning since his naps have been all over the place. I have another post in reference to his nap situation which is that he’s not getting much of a nap on a few days of the week due to early pick up for my older son. I’m assuming the ew is from ot at this point but not sure how to help him. Any suggestions? Yesterday he was up around 630 only slept 10 mins in car I got him to bed by 645 but he was up today around 615! Today is a day where he’ll need to be up by 1:10 to go get his brother too.

Offline Keeblea

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Wake up in morning getting earlier and earlier
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 15:54:53 pm »
Sounds like you might have to adjust your day to suit the nap requirements - could you do a 6-6 rather than 7-7?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 15:59:32 pm »
Hmm I never thought of that. He’s still not really napping well. On the days he’s up early we are still struggling with nap. I thought he might go down easier earlier if he’s up earlier in morning but so far no luck. Is the earlier waking due to ot?

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 18:07:47 pm »
Sorry to not be much help but we’ve had numerous episodes of ew and I found nothing really helped. Ours were earlier than yours though at around 5:30. I just tried to help her catch up at nap time or if that wasn’t possible an ebt helped.
We’re on the nap drop train big time now and things seem to have evened out. Our issue now is if we have even the smallest 30 min nap, our bt is epically late, by 1.5 hrs!!
Sorry I digressed, but what I’m trying to say is I think ew are all part of them working towards the final nap drop. I’d read it was a lengthy process for some 🤦‍♀️😳

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 03:34:44 am »
Thanks for sharing. I’m hoping he’s. It dropping his nap at 22 months already and that as soon as my older one is done with school he’ll go back to taking a good nap and not waking so early!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 11:04:08 am »
I’ve been able to put him down later at regular time at 1 the past couple of days and he falls asleep easy but he’s only sleeping an hour! Today will be a short early nap day (if he falls asleep). Today’s also the first day in a while he’s slept later in the morning. He’s all over the place

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 06:18:05 am »
Some do start to reduce their naps and if it helps improve night sleep aka stops early wake ups that’s a good thing. However I do also think the ewu is phases as I’ve tweaked all over the place when it happened here and nothing sorted it. My nephew, now 4, dropped naps altogether around 18 months!! He also went through the 5-5:30
Wake ups and they never shifted bt from 7-7:30!! He looked like a zombie for a while but he got through it. He would never even nod off in a car!!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 23:06:54 pm »
Just posting a follow up. We’ve made it past the 4 weeks that I had to shorten los nap due to school pick up now school is out but lo isn’t napping well now :(. He was a great 2 hour napper prior now he’s dong maybe 40 mins to 1 hr 15 mins sometimes he won’t go down at all!
Well today at nap time he climbed out of his crib for the first time and wouldn’t nap. He tried to climb out again at bedtime and got stuck and was screamingly. Thankfully he was too tired from not napping to keep trying but I had to take out his old sleep sack. I hope this works. Is it time to put him in a big boy bed? I was hoping to get him back on track with naps first before trying to do the bed transition.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 08:53:24 am »
I would move him to BBB if he's started to climb. I know sometimes it feels like too many changes at once but in some ways it's better to have everything messed up in one go rather than two separate times for the routine to get messed up.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 10:40:45 am »
That’s true ! But we are going away for a week next week and I need him to still be in a crib (the one that I’ve rented) I can’t transition him while away but as soon as we get back I’ll have the bed ready to go! I remember when my older one transitioned he’d just get out over and over lol. Not looking forward to this lol

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 13:52:17 pm »
You never know though, all LOs are different, mine never got out of his BBB once. It was probably months before he even thought of it - even then I think it was me telling him he could get out (to use the potty) that gave him the idea rather than him just deciding to do it.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 10:47:25 am »
He hasn’t tried to climb out again and I’ve been putting him in his sleep sack most of the time to make sure he can’t (it’s a lightweight huge one for kids 3-6 years old). I’m just not in a rush to move him to a big boy bed just yet he’s not even two but he is very big for his size. Otherwise he’s always liked his crib so why rush if he’s not climbing out right?
We’ve just returned from vacation where he only napped in his stroller late in the day around 2 for 40 mins. So I’m trying to get him back on track with a new routine at home before I switch him to a bed. When los who are just turning two start not going down for nap until later around 130/2 how long do you let them nap before it messes with bedtime ? If he does a morning wake up of 7 naps from 130-3 and is in bed by 8 that doesn’t seem to bed.
What’s a typical routine at this age with a times and bedtimes and morning wake ups and nap length?
I’m trying to create a new bedtime routine with his older brother and it’s been a bit chaotic.