Author Topic: 30 min naps all day for 12 week old!  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Cporter44

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 04, 2018, 22:12:35 pm »
Hi!

Having real trouble with our generally happy little lady. I’ve followed EASY since birth and just can’t seem to nail down her awake time. Sometimes I think she’s fighting nap because she is undertiredn and other times overtired.
She’s been taking 30 min naps! It’s rare she sleeps longer! Sometimes I’ll leave her alone to fuss about and she’ll fall back asleep again for 30-40 min. A handful of times she’s done this and then throws off her feeding schedule. She mostly, however, does a 30 min nap! And wails if I try to assist her. I’ve tried shh pat, and rocking her bassinet, leaving her, bouncing her on back, etc. Often times if it’s close enough to a feeding I’ll nurse her then put her back down.

Routine is the same, diaper change, swaddle, song and prayer. As the day goes on it changes and sometimes involves feeding before a nap and I try not to let her sleep on me. I’ll mostly wake her, burp her, and bounce her until she calms from being hysterically overtired, then place her down awake. So perhaps there are tons of things I’ve done wrong but I just don’t know what to do. No matter how HARD I try she won’t follow an EASY schedule and she’s ALL over the place. I have a 3 year old that I neglect a good portion of the day trying to restore these naps and sometimes I resolve to just letting her catnap on me in carrier because I have no idea what to do. She’ll never sleep longer than 45 minutes in carrier unless she’s on Daddy then for some reason she’ll sleep on him for up to 3 hours and actually has to be awakened!

Anyway, I feel like a failure. She’s asleep on me right now and I’m afraid to move because I know how exhausted she is. It’s possible she has reflux, is teething, is experiencing some sort of leap at all times so I’m just not sure what to do. She is practicing talking A LOT and is super physical and flipped from tummy to back this week.

Here is today’s schedule:

MONDAY

(Night wakings:
E 1:00AM
E 4:00AM
A 5:00AM talking to herself
A6:00 AM talking to herself

A 7:05
E 7:10 R, L
S 9:11pd

A 9:50
E 10:00 R, L
S 10:15pd

A 11:07
E 12:45 R (fussing that milk was coming out) Burped then put down.
S 12:55 pd. Crying a bit. Seemed overtired.

A 1:33
E 2:40 L
S 3:00 asleep on me
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 22:17:07 pm by Cporter44 »

Offline Cporter44

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 18:09:58 pm »
Anyone have any advice? Is this a developmental thing? She's talking WAY more and even trying to crawl when she's up but by the end of the day it's like the end of the world. We're so overtired I don't even know how to get her down.

Last night she eventually passed out at 6:30. Worked for me but I don't know what to do!  ???

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 30 min naps all day for 12 week old!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 08:42:47 am »
Hi there and welcome to BW forums :)

Sorry to see you didn't have any replies yet. This post will give you a bump and hopefully you will have some support soon.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 30 min naps all day for 12 week old!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:43:27 am »
Hi :)

At 12 weeks, keeping an A time of 1.5hr rather than nearly 2hr would probably work better for her. Try dialling it back a bit and see if that helps with the settling to sleep.

Has she ever slept longer naps in the crib? Is this a big change in the last few days/week?