Author Topic: 12 weeks on short naps help EASY routine  (Read 813 times)

Offline Matt'sMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Matthew's mommy
Re: 12 weeks on short naps help EASY routine
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 13:16:44 pm »
hi Creations

may I ask you about A times? should I be extending it to 2hour for DS ( DS is now 19weeks)

What happened was when I try with 2hr A time he slept 38min naps, so I panicked and the second day I reduced the A time, with 1h45m - 1h7m nap1, at 1h55m he slept 2hour nap2, at 1h56m -51m catnap
but the thing I noticed was when his A time are below 2hours, both of his NW/NF (1am & 5am) he was very awake and don't cry for milk like his usual self. plus after drinking 5oz of EBM it took me another while to settle him back to sleep. Rightly so today he is very tired from long wake at night. I read in the forum that perhaps its due to not extending the A time.

If I were to extend A time to 2hour, would you suggest I push it for the whole day or just one of the nap?

Thanks in advance. Hope the move to new home went smoothly.

Offline babiiprycess

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2018, 14:49:05 pm »
hi Creations

Congratulations on moving to new place

We are still waiting, I have been asking but that is earliest appointment available given to us. We went to see a general doctor, he of course don't think DS has reflux that needed medication

The last few days miracle happened, DS started doing 1.5hr and 1 hr nap , not sure how perhaps his short naps were developmental or me not putting him to sleep on the right time. I didn't do anything different and we have not started medications for reflux

The good news is the 4am wake up (happy and chatty) also stopped. but the waking 30 min and 1.5hr after bed time still happens sometimes , not sure what is the reason to that. Maybe my bedtime is not right.

I hope he will continues to do long naps,

Yay!! Iím glad the naps got longer!! Iím still struggling but it looks like thereís hope! My son is waking around 4:30/5 and chatting too, do you think that has to do with the short naps?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 492
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2018, 09:03:57 am »
may I ask you about A times? should I be extending it to 2hour for DS ( DS is now 19weeks)
Yes I think so although of course I am not there with your baby and you know him best.
The guidance time at 5 months is 2hr to 2hr 30 and as your LO is approaching 5 months I'd say increase to 2hr or even a bit more.  2hr is the 4 month A time.  Here's a link:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=84884.0

The move was hard work but pretty smooth, thank you.
DS coped remarkably well despite having to be put to bed on the sofa night 1 as the removal firm hadn't brought in his bed and were still banging around until 11pm!  I was grateful for our sleep song and his lovey...he just listened to his song, snuggled his muslin and went off to sleep :)