Author Topic: Help! 10 week catnapping through the day  (Read 7388 times)

Offline babiiprycess

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help! 10 week catnapping through the day
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 23:02:34 pm »
Thanks! I’ve been counting it as awake time because I wasn’t too sure. I’m starting to think my LO’s naps are  developmental. I’ve increased his awake times to 1hr 45 mins and no difference.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2018, 23:47:30 pm »
I’m starting to think my LO’s naps are  developmental.
Very possible, just keep on keeping on with the shush/pat for as many naps as you can and let him sleep how he wants/needs to for others so he gets used to sleeping. Unfortunately, babies are little people, not robots and they are all different in terms of how they sleep and how they learn. Hugs xx

Offline babiiprycess

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 15:37:45 pm »
Thanks! I’m very nervous since I’m returning to work soon and I’ll be leaving my son with my mom. With the short naps it’ll be so much more work for her, I tried explaining that he only sleeps for 30 mins but she didn’t understand so crossing my fingers everything will go well.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2018, 06:06:54 am »
She'll understand soon enough, or maybe she'll have some old tricks up her sleeve. Some babies sleep very differently in different environments. She probably never worried about A times and nap lengths, etc. when she had babies.

Offline babiiprycess

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2018, 21:21:54 pm »
Hi becj86! Hope you are well, its been a few months and my LO is now 6 months old! Those 30 min naps were definitely developmental as he extended his first nap and occasionally his second nap. His first nap got extended to 1.5hr, I would have to wake him otherwise we couldnt fit in a third nap.

I have some new questions, LO currently has an awake time of 2hrs and 15mins in the morning and according to my mom he will fall asleep for the nap, wake up after 30 mins play and fall back asleep, wake play and fall back asleep...does he need more awake time? Then for his afternoon nap his awake time is around 2hr and 30 mins and he will occasionally wake after 30 mins, is it time to extend that one too? He will then have a 2hr awake time then third nap then bed after another 2hr awake time. The last 3 days he's been getting up around 6:30-6:45 where he normally was waking at 7.

If I extend his schedule (by 15 mins) would look something like this (its really hard to squeeze everything in a 7-7 day)
wake -7am
milk - 7am
nap 1-930-11
milk 11am
solids 12
nap 2 145-315
milk 315 (this is more than 4 hours between milk?)
nap 3 515-530?
BT 730p

What are your thoughts?