Author Topic: 10 week old now fully waking at night  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Garaftopo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 07, 2018, 10:43:00 am »
We have been on the baby wise schedule sine the beginning and were just having her wake up at 2 and 5 to eat but then I had to start work and we had a nanny take over.  She is following the schedule as well. Only difference is to get her naps better she has been having her nap in her room with curtains closed.  She now follows the schedule even better so you would think she would sleep better but instead she is now waking a t 1230 we can get a pacifier to last till 130 ish then do it again so she doesn’t eat till 230/3. She completely devours her bottle (we have upped day time feeds to in hopes to help) and then now wakes up after the feed when she used to go straight back to sleep. She will then wake up again at 5. I’m now back at work and desperately need sleep. The lack of sleep is really putting a strain on me. Any suggestions?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 10 week old now fully waking at night
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 18:33:42 pm »
Hello and welcome to Baby Whisperer forums.

Baby wise and Baby Whisperer are two different sleep training methods.
If you'd like to follow Baby Whisperer methods there will be differences.

I would just feed your LO when she wakes at 12.30am, it's totally normal for a baby this young to need to feed more than once in the nights. If you go ahead an feed you'd likely get another longer stretch before the next E time rather than getting up again an hour later to re-plug and resettle and then another hour later to feed. I'd just feed and get everyone back to bed.  Sounds like she's hungry.

hth