Author Topic: 26mo: need help with A times during sleep regression?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Vsta

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
26mo: need help with A times during sleep regression?
« on: July 11, 2018, 11:35:33 am »
Hi!
Desperately need help to define an activity time for my 26mo.
It has been a nightmare putting him to bed for a month or so.
Before it was :
7am wake up
Somewhere from 12.30-3pm 1.5-2h nap
9pm sleep after a bottle

We don't really mind about 9pm as a bedtime but 1.5-2h spending on making him to fall asleep and 3 full bottles seems too much.

Lately he refused sleeping in a sleeping bag, his dummy was broken and they don't sell them any more, refused sleeping in the cot and started co-sleeping with my husband (I 'm sleeping with 6mo in another room), refusing nap at home. So a lot of changes!

We asked to limit his nap in the childcare from 2h to 1h to make his days a bit consistent - 4 days at home with a nap in the pram and 3 days in the childcare.

So his 2 last days are almost identical:
7am - wake up
12.30/12.45 - 1.15/1.30 nap
7.45/8.00 - shower, bottle, looks sleepy, laughing, bottle, crying, bottle
Close to 10pm - asleep

Was it too late? Should we drop the nap at all?
Thank you!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 26mo: need help with A times during sleep regression?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 12:11:48 pm »
Hi there I wonder if your missing the tired spot then he’s getting OT and the messing about is from this.

Often before they drop the nap the days get really long so I’d either stick with long nap and late BT or cal the nap a bit and bring BT earlier.

You could try capping nap at say 45 mins and keeping day 12.5 hours long see if he settles easier. The 3 virtues isn’t needed like you say so that’s just become a comfort issue I’d guess x
Zoe

Offline Vsta

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 23:10:02 pm »
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, 3 bottles are definitely to comfort himself but looks like they started affecting his intake during the day even though I don't follow instructions on the tin and always put less powder.

Yesterday was :
7.30 - wake up (I woke him up)
12.30-1.15pm - nap
7.30 - he was ready for bed after shower but again fell asleep close to 9 but I didn't hear any crying. Woke up at 0.30am in tears asking for another bottle (he does it sometimes now, again it's a dummy replacement)

We tend to think these long bedtimes became a habit already and probably his father's presence stimulates him. What do you think? Can we try anything else from your experience?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 18:36:14 pm »
At that age I don’t really think he needs any bottles, really should be focusing on food and maybe just having the bottle at bed but really try changing to a cup as it can start affecting teeth.

Could you perhaps change shower to a bath it might be more relaxing and then straight to bed, with a story and milk in a cup?

Mine now has bath, milk in cup downstairs then teeth, story upstairs.
Zoe