Author Topic: Almost 2.5 year old refusing nap, short nights  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Tabathagucci

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Almost 2.5 year old refusing nap, short nights
« on: July 26, 2018, 13:37:49 pm »
Hello! DD will be 2.5 in just over 2 weeks.  For the past 3 days she refused her nap and her nights are getting shorter!  She won’t even fall asleep in the car.  It started with the first night being awake for an hour or so at 2 am.  Since then she’s slept fine at night but refused naps.Yesterday we put her down for nap later out of necessity and I was thinking that would help but no luck.  Here is our last two days:
Asleep at 7:30 pm
Wake ~6/6:15 am
Try for nap at 2 no luck, try for nap at 2:20 next day no luck
Asleep at 7:30

First and second night I tried for a 7 pm BT which is our disaster day bed time and has always worked. but she wouldn’t fall asleep till 7:30.  Last night I wasn’t able to put her down till almost 7:30 and she fell asleep instantly. She has always done well with OT naps.  I’ve tried going in and rocking her just to get her some sleep but she just wants to get up. 

She has two more molars that need to come in and I can feel them under the skin but not coming out yet.  Is this a sleep regression?  Thx so much!

ps she hasn’t been eating well the last few days and we have finally just weaned from nursing at her request because “mommies boobies are empty” 😊.  She’s been weaned for over a week now.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 14:09:55 pm by Tabathagucci »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Almost 2.5 year old refusing nap, short nights
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 18:15:42 pm »
Hi there I’d say on the days your not getting a nap her day needs to be shorter, could you try to keep her day to max 12 hours,?
My DS2 dropped his nap at 28 months no warning and we just had to stick with 6.30bt for a few weeks x
Zoe

Offline Tabathagucci

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 14:10:29 pm »
Thank you!  She’s back to napping now for a couple of days but when she skips again I will do a 6:30 BT!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 15:28:01 pm »
Ah great stuff x
Zoe