Author Topic: But he doesnt wake at 7?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline PeanutMum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • First time mum, living in South Africa
But he doesnt wake at 7?
« on: August 03, 2018, 17:32:31 pm »
Hi all, Im new here, so glad I found this forum after buying the book!

I have a 6 week old (who came 5 weeks early) who is a good night sleeper (naps vary). Generally, he goes to bed at 7pm, I wake to feed him at 10pm, he goes back to sleep and wakes us at about 2 / 2:30 am for a feed, the wakes at 5:30 or 6am. I'm ok with this because we are generally up at that time (even pre baby), it's when we start our day. My question is, how do I adjust the EASY route (that starts at 7am) to start at 6am?
If I bring everything an hour forward it has a knock on effect that I land up having to feed him at 9pm, so he wakes at 1:30am and then a 4am (not cool!) and so on.
One mum suggested I feed him when he waked at 5:30 / 6am and put him back to bed to wake at 7am to get back on the routine, I tried it for a week but it didn't work, he just stays wide awake, I think there is too much activity in the house, the sun is up, there is just no way he's going back to sleep til 7.
Has anybody else had this? Any suggestion? Thank you!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: But he doesnt wake at 7?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 09:04:51 am »
Hi
The EASY routine is not a timed schedule so you go with what time works for you and your LO.  However you are managing the 7pm BT and 6am WU right now is fine. There is no need to start the day at 7am.  You might fit in another nap at the end of the day for example but if your LO is napping well (as per your other thread) then you can just continue as you are with a loose routine.
Not all babies sleep 12 hr nights so we often see routines which are not as per the example in the book. Mine never slept 12hrs so he'd have BT at 7pm and WU at 5.30am.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: But he doesnt wake at 7?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 10:03:40 am »
I agree with what Creations said.

I know with my DS2 for the first year of his life it was like he wanted to have a 23 hour day, he was lower sleep needs, but could only last a more average A time, so no matter what happened it got tricky, it was just a matter of keeping to EAS & making sure the feeds were good & he didn't get too grumpy if the sleep & wake times didn't fit to a good 24hour cycle.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05