Author Topic: 19 month old waking early -4.45am. Help PLEASE!!!  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Emmad81

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
19 month old waking early -4.45am. Help PLEASE!!!
« on: August 05, 2018, 07:39:21 am »
My 19 month old wakes soon early, no matter what time he goes to bed.

We follow the same routine everyday, except for the occasional time where we may be out late.

Dinner 5.30
Bath 6.30
Breastmilk and lullabies after bath and usually in bed around 7 00pm

He goes to bed awake and puts himself asleep so no issues there.  However for the past 6 weeks or so he's been waking up between 4 30 and 5.30 every mornibv.  We've tried going on and telling him it's still night time and we've tried CIO but he just wails and wails so no one gets sleep.
We then get him up and he has his breast milk and seems ready and raring to go for the day however he yawns quite a lot in the morning.
Some days he's a real grump and cries and whingey all day.
He has an afternoon nap around 1pm for an hour but occasionally he will sleep up to 2 hours,, he won't go to sleep on his own for a nap so I have to hold him and rock him for this.

Is there anything I can do? Do we just have to resign ourself to the fact that we just have an early waker :'( :'(
Any help or advice or experience would be gratefully received.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 19 month old waking early -4.45am. Help PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 18:26:15 pm »
Hi there, has Lo ever gone to sleep without your help?  We don’t support CIO at BW but there are other gentle methods.

Did he have the 18 month Sleep regression?
Zoe

Offline Emmad81

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 15:58:12 pm »
Hi Zoe,

We did cio when he was little and he goes to sleep on his own perfectly fine, although last night was a bit of a battle as he didn't want to go to bed. 
It's the waking up really early, he's been doing it for about 3-4 mo the now and it's gradually getting earlier.
This morning it was 4.30, were just spoke tired.  For the past week I've gone in an hour earlier and gently strikes him until he moves then go back to bed in the hope that wts will work, but it doesn't look like it's gonna work

Should I just drop his nap in the day?  He sleeps from about 1-2.30ish. so he's having approx 11 hours of sleep with a nap.  If I cut out his nap will that work?? I just don't know what to do.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 06:12:00 am »
Hi it’s not unheard of to drop the nap at this age but it is quite young!
You didn’t say if you’ve been through the 18 month SR?
Zoe