Author Topic: Ready for 3.5 Hour EASY?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Pwestbrook

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 09, 2018, 23:55:07 pm »
Hi all,

My son is 12 weeks old, 15+ lbs. He has recently dropped his middle of the night feed, going from 5 oz 7 times a day to 6 oz 6 times a day. I have found he isn't hungry every three hours, so I suspect he's ready to go to a 3.5 hour schedule. Does anyone have a sample 3.5 hour schedule with a catnap in the evening and a bath after the evening feed? I looked through some old posts, but most of them either didn't have a catnap or had the bath before the last bottle. I think he still needs a catnap and is used to doing bath after bottle. It's really helpful for me to see things laid out!

Thank you!!

Paige

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Ready for 3.5 Hour EASY?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:12:22 am »
Can he go 2hr awake? That's possible but longer than average for his age. If so, something like this:
7 - wake, feed
8:45/9 - nap
10:30 - wake, feed
12:30 - nap
2 - wake, feed
4 - nap
5:30 - wake, feed
7 - cluster feed
7:15 - bath
7:30 - BT

Having said that, there's not a CN there as I'd not suggest giving him a 14hr day just to throw in a catnap.

If he's not hungry when he wakes, you can certainly just give him a feed 30mins into his next A time. The idea of EAS is to keep something between E and S so that LO is not associating feeding with sleep, so AEAS is also fine if you think 1.5hr A times are all he can comfortably manage.

Offline Pwestbrook

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:41:28 am »
Thanks! You’re right - I’ll give AEAS a try since he’s still at the 1.5 hr awake time :) started logging what he does during the day again today, so hopefully his natural patterns will emerge!

Offline Pwestbrook

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:54:32 am »
Update: he is eating full bottles every 3 hrs again; I think his body was just adjusting to dropping his 2-4am feed and eating all his calories during the day!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Ready for 3.5 Hour EASY?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 09:51:08 am »
Yay for more sleep :)