Author Topic: 11 month nap help - 1st A time problems  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Tilsley1471

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 13, 2018, 18:23:02 pm »
Hello so lo is 11 months next week. We had a lot of teething issues going on which caused bad naps and early wakings of about 4.20. We seem to have gone back on track but we've lost our way a bit on A times now. She's currently waking between 6.30-6.45 (yay!). I've been trying A times of between 4 hours and 4.15 for this first nap but I get either 35 min naps and wakes up crying but will go back to sleep after about 20 mins for 35-40 mins or she does an hour or 1.10 and wakes crying and may go back to sleep for a bit more. She's basically doing about 1.5 hours but it's broken. Would you say this is UT and should I increase A time more? Today she's done an hour nap on 4.15 A time and woke crying and after I settled her back down she's just playing in her cot now.

The pm nap has become a battle and I'm having to wake her after 20-30 mins as she's not going down until 4ish (she tends to want 3.55-4 hours A time here) so that she will go to bed by 7. I guess this is the 2:1 transition. I'm reluctant to cut her 1st nap short in the hope she does a pm nap because in the past her pm nap has not been very good where as she is a lot better with her am nap. It's just figuring out the A time and it seems like she could poss want 4.5 hours but it just seems such a big difference from what she used to do. She's sleeping 7pm-6.30/6.45 so a good night too. Thank you
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:25:39 am by Tilsley1471 »

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 11 month nap help
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 21:59:38 pm »
Hi - could well be the transition - do you know if she is low sleep needs? I was like you and reluctant to cut the first nap short so went with pushing the 1st A time and APOPing a very short cat nap in the afternoon. Maybe try pushing the 1st A time if you feel that she is slightly lower sleep needs?

Offline Tilsley1471

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 05:22:06 am »
Sorry if this is silly but how do you know if they are low sleep needs? I was looking back at logs and at the beginning of July we were up to 3.45/3.50 A time for the first A and she was doing 1.15/1.20 naps and waking happy. Yesterday I put her down at 4.25 as she was just crying and burying into me and she did an hour nap and woke crying but then started to settle herself back down and 10 mins later she was playing in her cot.

She went to bed at 7.10 last night, woke at 6.30 and then by 9.45 today she'd fallen asleep in her high chair and I tried to wake her but she got so upset and fell back asleep on me so I put her down and she woke after 30 mins crying but for a few seconds and went back to sleep for 40 mins and woke happy - that was a 3.15 A time and I would say OT with the 30 min nap!?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:21:12 am by Tilsley1471 »