Author Topic: 2:1 nap transition wreaking havoc on nightime  (Read 1324 times)

Offline megan.allysa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2:1 nap transition wreaking havoc on nightime
« on: August 15, 2018, 17:28:18 pm »
We are in deep in the trenches of the 2:1 transition and during the day she is handling it like a champ. She was already really only getting 1 good nap and then a 10 min catnap in the car for the last month or so. We have since extended morning A time and she takes her big nap at noon until 1:30/2.

She honestly is doing really well in the evenings and all is fine during the daytime. She goes to bed around 7:30, and then the problems start. She has always been up a couple times a night but now its three or four times a night and she is resisting going back to sleep and waking at 5 ready to go for the day. This isn't something I want to do.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen where they get restless/fidgety at night when you dropped naps during the day? We could really use some more sleep...all of us. lol

Offline Jennifer1978

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 2:1 nap transition wreaking havoc on nightime
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 20:44:42 pm »
Yes I am having the exact same problem but I am on the 3:2 transition. I havent figured out yet just how to fix it but I have pinpointed the cause being the last awake time before bed being to long. For my little ones pattern that is and always has been the shortest one of the day. To fit it most days bedtim would have to be rolled back way to much and the few time I was able to do just a half hour-45 minute early bedtime our morning wakeups did away with any extra sleep she could have gotten and made the next day even longer. It would have kept rolling earlier if I had not thrown the nap back in to extend the day. The only thing I can think at this point since early bedtimes dont work that well for us is to hold onto the nap and let maturity work with you. If your LO is like mine and it is due to last waketime try and push out the other wake times and close the gap to bedtime. Hope someone else that knows more than I do can help you I will be reading with interest.