Author Topic: 4 month old 3rd baby - how the hell do I do this?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline _mumma_cole_

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 month old 3rd baby - how the hell do I do this?
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:36:46 am »
Hi all-I’m back after a good few years!

So Baby number 1 (now almost 5!!) was a BW Baby - textbook, super easy, EASY worked a treat!
Baby 2 (just 3yrs) has CMPA & other allergies so first year was pure survival. No routine at all. Breast as a prop for everything!
Baby 3 (4 months yesterday) is a typical 3rd Baby & just has to go with it a lot of the time. But I’ve stuck with ‘bad habits’ of using the breast for everything & now that the kiddies are returning to school/nursery is like to implement some kind of routine.

He wakes at around 5.30am (is like 6.30am), has an A time of around 2hrs, is either bf or rocked/walked etc to sleep, bf roughly every 2-3hrs but can be every half hour if he’s grumpy!

Goes to bed around 7-7.30pm & wakes after 4hrs, then every 1.5-2hrs after that. Each time bf to resettle.

Help please!!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 4 month old 3rd baby - how the hell do I do this?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 08:06:18 am »
Hi there
Sorry you didn't get a reply sooner, I've hurt my back and it's hard to get onto the computer.

It sounds like you already have something of a routine going.  What is it that you need help with?  Sleep training rather than routine?

Offline _mumma_cole_

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 4 month old 3rd baby - how the hell do I do this?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 18:45:35 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

I guess I feel like I use the breast for everything so I don’t have an EAS routine, more like an EAEAEAESEAEAES 😂

His naps are 45mins (usually 4 of them) but I can tell he is still tired after the second or third so would benefit from a longer sleep.

I’d like to work towards him settling sleep without the boob & being able to transition through his sleep cycles.