Author Topic: Baby has stopped going into deep sleep  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Langers

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:56:27 pm »
Hi,

I have a 5 month old baby, we have been using EASY since she was 4 months. She still will not fall asleep independently but we have seen improvements such as her being able to sleep in her cot and not on me! As well as no longer needing to be rocked and fed to sleep.

I'd gotten her to take 3 naps where she would sleep for 1hr-1.5hrs although she would wake after 40 mins and need me to use s/p to get her back to sleep.

However, the past 5 days she will not stay asleep any longer than 10 minutes, it's then taking me 30+ mins to get her back to sleep again. It took me 3hours to get her to sleep a combined total of 50mins this morning.

I don't know what's happened! I've extended how long I sit with her before I put her in the cot and begin s/p. I've extended s/p to 20 mins from 10 (which used to work) this afternoon I s/p for 30mins but she still woke up!

Any ideas?

Offline SHP129

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Baby has stopped going into deep sleep
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 16:13:43 pm »
Is she doing this for one or all naps or at bedtime? If it's during a specific nap, do you think she is resisting they nap because she's ready for 2 naps? I know 5 months may be still a bit early for 2 naps but every baby is different? My son took forever to nap as well and still is and I ended up spending an hour for him to nap only 10-15 mins. I'm currently working on dropping the last nap but maybe it's that. Sorry if I'm no help!

Offline Langers

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Baby has stopped going into deep sleep
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 08:18:41 am »
Thanks for your reply.

It’s for all naps and night had been around every 45 mins waking... but last night she slept from 8pm-11pm then up every 10 mins until 0150 and then awake solidly until 5am (she then slept until 0705). I fed her but she only lay in her cot for 5 mins after.

Does that sound like I should drop the last nap?