Author Topic: 13weeks and has regressed back to newborn night waking  (Read 1611 times)

Offline BabyGirl1234

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
13weeks and has regressed back to newborn night waking
« on: September 05, 2018, 12:00:11 pm »
My LO has always been a good sleeper. At 8 weeks she started sleeping from 8pm-6am and did that consistently until about a week ago ( she is 13 weeks now).  Now she is waking a couple of times at night. I try to feed her more during the day but she won’t take it. I don’t think she is hungry but feeding her a couple ounces is the only way we can get her back to sleep. It’s like she just can’t get herself back to sleep.
We have a routine at night and she goes down really well. But I fear that she is becoming dependent on her paci because at nap time when it falls out she starts crying.
Why has she regressed back to waking multiple times a night? Any advise on how to get her back to sleeping through the night?
Please help!

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: 13weeks and has regressed back to newborn night waking
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 18:57:31 pm »
Might be a 3-month growth spurt about to start. Are you offering a Dream Feed?

Might also be paci dependency. You can try giving her chances to practice re-plugging herself during her wake time (my kids got it around 4-5 months) and then leave plenty of them scattered around her bed.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 13weeks and has regressed back to newborn night waking
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 21:42:59 pm »
Sounds like the 3 month growth spurt

Is she BF or bottle fed, if she is BF then definitely needs the night feeds to build your supply

if she is bottle fed will still need the calories at night as just can’t take enough in and metabolise them in the day.

Definitely try a dream feed to see if that helps
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05