Author Topic: 13 month up for hour plus in the night  (Read 1205 times)

Offline megan.allysa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:27:58 am »
DD wakes twice a night on average. Not consistent with when, sometimes it's 1 and 5 sometimes it's 12 and 3...I haven't been able to see a pattern. Randomly some nights she only gets up once. We are always lights off by 8:30.

She is on 1 nap from about 1-3:30 that shifts 30 mins this way or that depending on the day.

I am exhausted. The last few nights she has woken and refused to go back to sleep. She is perfectly happy to rock and cuddle but will not close her eyes or stop wiggling her top arm. It's taken and hour and a half to get her back down.

She isn't very good at self soothing, and now isn't the right time to work on that more.

I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on what we can do or change in our day to stop these big night wakings. Mama's running on fumes and getting short tempered due to the lake of sleep...

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 13 month up for hour plus in the night
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 16:13:34 pm »
Oh no that sounds hard  :-\ - there is a sleep regression around the birthday mark and so it could well be that - you seem to have a decent routine going? If it is a regression that it is a matter of riding it out I'm afraid  :P