Author Topic: Morning A Time - Switching to 4 Hr Schedule  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Pwestbrook

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Morning A Time - Switching to 4 Hr Schedule
« on: September 09, 2018, 12:44:54 pm »
My 16 week old seems ready to start switching to a 4 hr schedule, but I have a question about morning awake time. Most mornings he wakes up around 6:30, but is happy to talk to himself and look at his hands in his crib. Doesn’t show hunger signs until 7 or 715a. So, I get him up and feed him at 7am (I also do this on the mornings he is still sleeping at 7am). Do  I start counting the activity time at 6:30 or 7?

He is consistently staying up for 1.5 hrs for all other A times. He is tired 1.5 hrs after 6:30a, at 8am. I enjoy the extra 30 minutes in the morning and would prefer not to feed him at 6:30, if he’s content waiting until 7am ;) thoughts?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Morning A Time - Switching to 4 Hr Schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 08:41:35 am »
Hi sorry for the delay in replying, I've hurt my back and can't get on much.

I would just continue to feed at 7am (mine would never eat after first waking anyway so had to wait a while) and so long as you are consistent with how you count the timings it doesn't really matter whether you count from 6.30 or 7am for the A time. some Los like a longer/shorter first A anyway so the A times are not always exactly the same throughout the day.