Author Topic: 11.5 month baby - low sleep needs?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline SJS1471

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 09, 2018, 14:03:14 pm »
Hello my little one is 11.5 months old. I am trying to work out if she's low sleep needs or not and what to do about her naps. She's never given me a lovely long 1.5 or 2 hour nap and most is 1.10-1.20. At the moment she is doing 35 minute naps or an hour and it's a battle to get her down. She sleeps 11.5/12 hour nights. I've tried a lot of different A times and I was having a bit of success with a long A time in am (4.5 hours) which was a month or so ago and I was getting 1.5 hour nap but it was broken and then I was getting a pm nap refusal. I thought I'd try and cut am nap short to get a longer pm nap but she just fights me when I try and put her to sleep.

She wakes at 6.10-6.30 so with a long am time of 4.5 the first nap would start between 10.30-11 but I will probably get a pm nap refusa or a really late pm nap and BT is between 6.30/6.45. Today was the first time after weeks of her battling me to go to sleep at 9.30 or 10 in am and waking up after 35 mins in tears where I went to 4.10 hour A time and she slept for an hour and woke happy. I just don't know the best thing to do. I've managed to get her down for a pm nap at 2.10 with a lot of fussing and she's still asleep now at 3pm. I don't know whether to keep pushing that first A time to get a long am nap and deal with battling her for a pm nap!? Or whether to just give her 2 1 hour naps but I worry that she is going to keep pushing that am A time and we will run out of time in the day.

Today so far is:

WU: 6.10
A: 4.10
S: 10.20-11.20
A: 2.50
S: 2.10- still asleep
BT: will aim for 6.45

No idea if I should be pushing for 1 long nap and keep pushing AM nap out as I'm not sure how I can get a lunch time nap in as a long one by cutting AM nap short if it's not starting until 11 anyway. Thank you