Author Topic: 2.5-Year-Old Nighttime Shenanigans  (Read 1264 times)

Offline FrankiesMom12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 11, 2018, 00:29:05 am »
Hello ladies - I'm here yet again completely at my wit's end.  My 2.5-year-old (will be 3 in early December) is giving me a run for my money at night at bedtime.  I'm not kidding; bedtime can take 1.5 - 2 hours on a non-bath night.  We have a standard routine we follow with teeth brushing, pajamas, toilet, reading books, etc.  This all takes about 45 minutes plus.  Then, I give her some snuggles, say prayers, and leave the room.

She is coming out of her room so many times it's insanity.  It's about 45 minutes - 60 minutes of putting her back in her bed, etc.  She sometimes comes out multiple times to use the bathroom (which is acceptable to us), but a lot of the time she just sits on the toilet and nothing comes out; so it's a stall tactic.

For sure she's starting to drop her nap, and it's WAY worse on days she takes a nap.  But, there are days like today, where there was NO WAY she would make it without a nap.  She ended up sleeping from 12:45 - 3:00.  Maybe I'm letting her sleep too long?  Her bedtime (the time I'd like her to be falling asleep) is 8.  She sleeps until 6 or 6:30 in the morning, and she does have a clock that changes colors for wakeup, which I recently re-trained her on.

Any advice, even if it's just ways to survive this stage?!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 2.5-Year-Old Nighttime Shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 18:23:34 pm »
Hello - I would definitely cap the nap on days she does take one. Also set an expectation on how many times she can come out to use the toilet!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 2.5-Year-Old Nighttime Shenanigans
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 18:36:47 pm »
I’d second nap capping, my DS2 is 3 in jan and has been nap free for about 3/4 months, if he does nod off these days it’s capped at 20 mins.

Any longer and he’s up early up or taking ages to settle x
Zoe