Author Topic: 16 week old EASY routine help  (Read 5175 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 16 week old EASY routine help
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 09:17:45 am »
Do awake times increase as the day goes on?
Not always no. It depends on the LO really.  My own liked a very long first A time and shorter after with the last A time before BT being the shortest.  You will work it out based on how well LO sleeps, if there is fussing or refusal at nap time or LO can't transition to the next cycle for a longer nap even with some help you might need to increase one or more of the A times.  Some people follow strict schedules with very long last A times (often from other parenting books) which can lead to OT at the end of the day and night waking or early waking the next morning.

He seems to now be doing 45 min sleep cycles now for the first two naps yay!
You can help him sleep longer by using W2S, here's a link, you start the shush/pat before he is fully awake and take him right through to deep sleep again, this also helps to sleep train as it encourages the habit of sleeping longer.
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=223809.0
look at naps option 1.
45 min naps are generally UT (under tired, increase the A time) or LO hasn't yet learned to transition alone (needing help and gentle sleep training).

hope this helps

Offline babiiprycess

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 17:11:25 pm »
Thanks! There are days where it’s easy to help him transition into next sleep cycle but there are days where it’s harder. And we’ve been doing W2S for about 2 weeks now. Sometimes he can transition on his own and sometimes he can’t. LO is now 19 weeks with 2hr awake times and he continues with the 30-45 min naps. I’m no longer home with him since I returned to work so it’s hard to tell when to increase awake times again.

I also have a question about BT, I normally put LO down at 6:50 with goal of him being asleep by 7. Most nights it’s been taking him a little longer to fall asleep. He normally has a 2hr awake window between last nap and BT. And then he’s been waking at 8:30 for the last 4 nights, is this OT or UT. Only one of these nights has he actually cried. I’m just confused at why he would wake at the 1.5 hr Mark.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:54:19 am by babiiprycess »

Offline creations

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 07:31:32 am »
A times are increasing at this age.  Your LO is approaching 5 months so you might need more like 2hr 15 or even 2hr 30 to get a better nap.  At 6 months the A time would be 3hrs and usually the CN is dropped leaving two long naps.  This isn't so far off and the time passes quickly so if there is a chance of a longer A time needed now I would try it.

Not sure about the early NW.  If he is okay though I'd just leave him to resettle himself.

Offline babiiprycess

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 20:06:28 pm »
Hi creations! Hoping you can help me. I posted in the naps forum but i believe becj86 has been out.

I have some new questions, LO currently has an awake time of 2hrs and 15mins in the morning and according to my mom he will fall asleep for the nap, wake up after 30 mins play and fall back asleep, wake play and fall back asleep...does he need more awake time? Then for his afternoon nap his awake time is around 2hr and 30 mins and he will occasionally wake after 30 mins, is it time to extend that one too? He will then have a 2hr awake time then third nap then bed after another 2hr awake time. I know the recommendation the awake time for a 6 month old is 3 hours but LO still seems to want that third nap? if we do 3 hour awake times there will be no room for a third nap?

Also we are starting to adjust for daylight savings so we are pushing everything 15 mins every few days and it hasn't been easy.

He schedule is something like this
Wake up 6:30-7am
Milk 7am
nap 915-1030
milk 1045
lunch 12
nap 1-230
milk 245
nap 430-5
dinner 515 (we cut out the milk before the solids since he would barely drink the top off at 630)
milk 630
bed 7/715

What are your thoughts?

Offline creations

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 08:27:42 am »
Hi
sorry I have connection problems and very rarely managing to get on (and it is dropping every moment even now trying to post this)
I think your LO is around 7 months now so it's likely time to move to 2 naps and the longer A time. EBT helps when dropping the third nap.