Author Topic: Time for big boy bed 25.5 months  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: September 12, 2018, 00:55:12 am »
So my lo the past 2-3 nights When it’s time for bed starts crying and won’t go in his crib. I’m with the older one in his room putting him to bed and my husband puts the little one to sleep. Every night this is our routine. So we decided to start doing our story time together the four of us on the empty bottom bunk in my older sons room. The lo loves this but still doesn’t want to go in his crib to sleep. He even went into our bed and under covers and got so upset when we said no no it’s time for bed in your own room. Tonight we actually tried letting him sleep on the bottom bunk with his brother and he laid there for a while but then started to cry. Not sure if it’s just a new bedtime anxiety or if he’s ready for his own big boy bed in his own room. Any suggestions ?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 02:09:33 am »
He went To sleep in the big boy bed tonight but we had to stay in the chair in the room.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:21:28 am »
Anyone have any tips on the transition? First night did Great slept through last night woke twice during the night crying. Must’ve been disoriented or maybe cold because he kicked blankets off. We lay with him in or next to crib at night but it’s taking him forever to fall asleep. Last night was 10pm! And he wasn’t up crying before 7 am. He gets right in at night but just lays there and if you go to leave he gets upset and asks me to stay.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 00:11:40 am »
Anyone out there help 😊

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Time for big boy bed 25.5 months
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 06:23:58 am »
Hi it sounds more like separation anxiety than the bed being an issue. If you want to leave him in the bed then prob just try a bit of GW?

My DS2 is 3 in jan and won’t entertain big bed he screamed to have cot back so he’s back in his cot....there’s no rush so if you feel he’s not ready pop him back in x
Zoe