Author Topic: 11 MO standing, sleep protest unless held - HELP!  (Read 1381 times)

Offline amberkjs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 MO standing, sleep protest unless held - HELP!
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:13:59 am »
Hello,

My 11 month old started pulling up/standing in her crib and along with it came sleep regression... She currently will not fall asleep in her crib at bedtime or during naps (screams and cries bloody murder for hours) and will only fall asleep in mine or my husbands' arms. When she is finally in a deep sleep, we try and put her down but she pops right up onto her knees and pulls herself up again within a few seconds (and automatically starts crying). We've tried everything, but for the past week, every single night, its taken over 3 hours to get her to finally sleep (in our arms and then carefully transferred to the crib) but once she wakes for a night feed, she's fully awake again and will repeat the screaming/crying unless she's laying on one of us. We've got a very consistent schedule during the day, she's not sick or teething or gassy. We've tried going in at intervals but it just makes her cry harder, we've tried sitting in the room next to the crib after she pulls up but she cries harder and reaches out for us, we've tried patting and shushing and talking to her but none of that works either and just makes her cry harder... I feel so hopeless and desperate and am so exhausted - I would love any and all advice on this.

Thank you!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 11 MO standing, sleep protest unless held - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 13:50:38 pm »
Sorry you haven't had a reply.
Any improvement? What's going on now?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011