Author Topic: Dream Feed becoming less  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Cornette

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 23, 2018, 21:51:45 pm »
Hi there,
My DD has always had a dream feed at around 10-11pm and always did well she has also recently started sleeping long stretches at night. She turned 2 months old now and Ive seen that she doesnt take to the dream feed so much anymore, not sure if its just a phase?

She drinks every 3 hrly during the day and has anything from 4-5oz each bottle (6 bottles a day) . But now she will drink only about 2oz but mainly less than 2oz. I feel its to early to drop that feed as she has already dropped the 3am one so do I just continue on and leave her to take what she needs or try alter something during the day?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Dream Feed becoming less
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 22:04:00 pm »
I wouldn't mess with the day feeds at all, the dreamfeed is a bonus feed really and not all babies take it. Neither of my two took the DF at all, so we just fed them when they woke at night and were guided by them.

It could just be a phase so you can either stop offering it and see what she does or keep offering for a while. Providing you feed her when she tells you she is hungry, if she isn't waking for a feed she doesn't need it. Without the DF you may find she wakes again for the 3am feed.

Laura

Offline Cornette

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:45:48 am »
Thanks so much, think I will continue to give it and see what she does in the next 3 days.