Author Topic: Afternoon nap is always a struggle!  (Read 1177 times)

Offline caitmcswny

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 24, 2018, 22:42:03 pm »
Hello!

I have a 21 week old, we are currently trying to transition to a 4hr EASY (on day 6 of the 2 week transition suggested in the book). I am finding that her afternoon nap 2:30-2:45 is always a struggle. For other naps, I am usually able to put her in her crib drowsy/awake and walk away and she'll fall asleep on her own. But the afternoon nap she fights and usually doesn't fall asleep until about 3:20-3:30 and I have to really help her fall asleep using pat/shush and there's always a lot of crying involved. I dread this nap everyday.

I'm wondering is this nap always a struggle because she so clearly is ready for the 4hr EASY and only needs to nap at 9am, 1pm, and catnap in the later afternoon? Or am I missing something else that could be making this nap a struggle?

Thanks for your help!

Offline caitmcswny

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 16:27:42 pm »
I feel like her naps in general are getting worse and worse as I'm trying to follow EASY. She wakes up crying early and won't go back to sleep. I feel like 2 days get better and I have such hope, and then the next 2 days feel like we take giant steps backwards and things get worse. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I need help with this as I'm starting to feel really defeated and like I'll never be able to get things under control.