Author Topic: 2-1 transition  (Read 1441 times)

Offline SNSmith

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 26, 2018, 01:11:07 am »
 Hey all, I have a question about my daughters naps. She is almost one, and it seems too early for the 2 to 1 nap transition. Maybe two months ago she was taking really nice naps, 2 1/2 hours or so and then another one maybe 45 minutes. However for the last month she had a virus and seems to have been teething, so lots of night wakings with throwing up, pain, etc (legitimate NWs). Night time sleep is pretty much back on track, not quite the juicy 13 hour nights with sleeping in until 8:30am like it was but I’ll take it.  Anyway my question is if our schedule is OK, or possibly need to change things up to help her have the best rest. She has never taken well to an early bedtime, she’s been known to treat a 6:30 PM bedtime like a nap and wake up to play until 9 PM previously. Currently we are out an about most mornings by 9am. If she woke well at 7:30am then she doesn’t nap in the car. If she woke earlier like say 6:30am she will often catch a 10 minute car seat nap. Then we are home for lunch around noon and a nap in the crib 12:30- 2pm ish. Here’s my cunundrum- what to do for the afternoon? I’ve been letting her catch a short (20-30min) nap between 4-6pm as needed to make it to bedtime, but it seems to keep pushing bedtime later to 8:30pm. I think she’d sleep better and get more night time sleep hours if she went to bed at 7pm but gets OT after 5 hours. She can go like 4-4.5 hrs A time pretty well. Thanks!