Author Topic: Early waking  (Read 84 times)

Offline Alfred96

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:24:21 am »
Hi all

I know there are lots of posts about this already so apologies for posting again.....my LO is coming up to 18 weeks.  We've always had a good night time routine but recently, he has started waking at 1.45 and 5.20am every night.  I stopped feeding him at the 5am waking as he wasn't hungry but no matter what I try I can't get him back to sleep.  He does eat at the 1.45am wakening but I'm worried it's becoming habitual as it's the same time every night.  Until about 3 weeks ago I would DF at 10pm and he would sleep until 3-4am...I'm not sure what has changed!  His daytime naps have also become 45 mins though I do try to extend them, especially the first one of the day. 

It's really more the EW I would like to sort out!  He was EBF until 12 weeks and is now FF but never takes more than 5ozs and during the day will take as little as 3oz despite me feeding every 4 hours.  The 3 hour EASY never quite worked for us as he wasn't hungry enough at the 3 hour mark.

Apologies if I'm rambling, any advice welcome!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Early waking
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 14:21:02 pm »
Hi there is a massive growth spurt at 4 months so it could be that - for me it lasted till he was 6 months! You are still doing the dream feed?