Author Topic: Help with 50 minute naps  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Dannii2018

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:47:41 am »
My 13 week lb is on 3 hour easy. Awake times are between 1hr20- 1hr45. We do the same wind down for each nap and use shush pat to get to sleep. He usually wakes around the 50minute mark. I don’t go to him until he actually cries (fusses for a few minutes) to see if he can settle himself. I am just looking advice should I use wake to sleep to extend his naps or should I just go in when he wakes and get him back over with the shush pat? Often when back over his sleep is fitful and more jolts!

If I am to use wake to sleep what time should I be going in??

Thanks!!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Help with 50 minute naps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 21:22:00 pm »
Hello, welcome to BW forums
I'd probably try wake to sleep using the shush/pat method where you either begin shush/pat before the wake up time (so starting at say 40 min) or ready yourself so that you are right there to start shush/patting the second there is any sign of waking. This is often more successful than waiting for LO to fully wake and call out to you before trying to resettle.
If your LO always does 50 mins it could be his sleep cycle is that length so it's possible he hasn't learned to transition from one cycle to the next and the wake to sleep can help with that.