Author Topic: Bedtime Separation Anxiety  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Gummi_bear63

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Bedtime Separation Anxiety
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:31 am »
My 2.5 year old had developed horrible separation anxiety at bedtime. He’s had many changes in his life lately (new baby, new daycare room, down to part time at daycare) and it has ruined bedtime. He begs me to stay and tells me he’s sad that mommy and daddy leave and now he says “I need you!!” And clings to my arm when I try to leave. On suggestion from someone I tried to tell him I would check in on him(saying I needed to do things and I would come back) and would check in a couple times before letting him fall asleep. I had felt like this wouldn’t work but I was desperate so I tried it. This worked great for a couple days. But suddenly tonight we are back to epic meltdowns. I’m spending as much one on one time with him as possible. I don’t know what else to do. I have a new baby who goes down after him so I can’t really stay in there until he falls asleep plus I honestly don’t think he would. He spends a long time chatting and singing before bed and he’s just want to talk with me. I’ve tried later bedtimes and then earlier thinking that might affect it but it doesn’t help.

Any suggestions for other things I can try?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Bedtime Separation Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 20:10:54 pm »
Hi sorry it’s been a couple of days but how are things now?
Zoe