Author Topic: Refusing morning bottle  (Read 3350 times)

Offline LucySol

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Refusing morning bottle
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:58:29 am »
Hi there,
My little girl is 10 weeks old and for the past week has been refusing her morning bottle and only taking 2oz if I am lucky!
She has her last feed at 7pm of 5oz and will then sleep til 3am ish where she has another 5oz- she then sleeps untill 6-7 ish!
I’m guessing she is not wanting her morning milk because of the feed in the night. My question is do I start to reduce the amount in her night feed (she has 5oz -and goes mad for this!!)? I have tried before to do an 10.30pm dream  feed but it just doesn’t work for her and it makes her wake up several times through the night so I am guessing the night bottle is the problem just not sure how to reduce it- cut it down or weaken the milk, ie 4 scoops of formula to 5oz water??

Any advice would be great!! My last 2 children were breast fed so this is all new to me!

Many thanks!!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Refusing morning bottle
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 22:40:13 pm »
Have you tried giving her a bit of time before you feed her? My kids didn’t want a bottle as soon as they woke in the morning.

I think at 10 weeks she’s much too little to try and reduce the nightfeed or water it down really.

Laura