Author Topic: Can’t finish bedtime bottle  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Jbla17

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Can’t finish bedtime bottle
« on: November 17, 2018, 10:44:59 am »
Hi my son is9 weeks old and I have recent switched to fully formula feeding...the other night he took his full feed and slept all the way to 6 am from 8!! I am now having trouble getting him to take his entire bottle before he falls asleep...he seems exhausted....he only has taken half the last two night and will wake around 2-3am which isn’t bad know!! But he seems to be to tired/not interested in his bedtime bottle...what can I do? He is a bit of a catnapper and has about 1.5 hrs A time between which he handles well and is pretty much bright eyed and smiley after his 45 minutes of sleep during the day...
I would love to have some sort of loose routine for him that helps him take his full bottle but I confusedcwith conflicting advice as to how long to have him awake for. EASY worked so well for my DD but as he seems to catnap we end up with a bottle before a sleep most times

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Can’t finish bedtime bottle
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 20:35:37 pm »
Sounds like he's doing well at night!

Maybe you need to work on the napping during the day rather than the feeding. If he's not hungry or too tired he won't feed properly so really it's the activity and sleep pattern that needs working on.

Have you posted on EASY or sleep?

Laura