Author Topic: sleepy baby  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Salernobaby1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 12, 2018, 13:12:39 pm »
Hi. I have a sleepy textbook baby who is 12 weeks. We’ve been on. 3h easy since about 6 weeks. She generally self settles and soothes (uses a pacifier) and has slept through since 8 weeks. This is our schedule:
7.30 - wake (I always have to wake her, first thing and after naps)and feed
8.00- activity
8.30 - sleep (2h)
10.30 - wake and feed
10.45- activity
11.30 - sleep (2h)
1.30- wake and feed
1.45- activity
2.30 - nap (2h)
4.30- wake and feed
4.45- activity
5.00 to 5.30 - put down for nap
7.30- wake to feed
7.45- bath
8.00- bed
10.30- dream feed

I’ve tried extending A time by just sitting and cuddling or leaving her to lay on her play mat with no toys but she still cried for her crib! She does get easily OT and over stimulated and this is the only real time she will cry inconsolably. Particularly after her 4.30 feed.

I’m worried about how and when we will transition to 4 hour easy. I know she would easily go 4 hours between feeds and has recently become more fussy on the bottle which makes me think she may not be hungry enough after 3 hours. However I don’t think she’ll cope with an extended A time. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: sleepy baby
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 03:14:22 am »
I’m worried about how and when we will transition to 4 hour easy. I know she would easily go 4 hours between feeds and has recently become more fussy on the bottle which makes me think she may not be hungry enough after 3 hours. However I don’t think she’ll cope with an extended A time. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

There is no reason why a baby needs to go to 4hours & honestly being fussy on the bottle may not be about being hungry just more about little blips in how much they feed. She's getting due for the 3month growth spurt, so A LOT could change in the next few weeks.

As a BTDT, I'd just say enjoy where you are at (esp the sleeping through) & don't sweat the small stuff.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05