Author Topic: Long night waking 3.7 yr old  (Read 1335 times)

Offline wriggles15

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 28, 2018, 02:45:56 am »
I am desperate for some advice (and some sleep) DD1’s sleep has become a problem since arrival of DS2 who is 14 days old. She wake at 2am calling for me and wants me to sit with her but it can take her 2 hours to go back to sleep!!! I just can’t stay with her for that long as baby needs feeding and I need some rest. If I leave her she lies there calling me and whinging. I want to be responsive to her but the long night waking is a killer and not possible if baby wakes for feeding, how can I handle the two of them?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Long night waking 3.7 yr old
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:04:09 am »
Honestly with a new baby & the age, I'd set a "camp spot" on the floor of your room - I did a blanket, then a sleeping bag on top (deliberately not the most comfortable) & when they woke they came in hopped into the bed next to me & sometimes didn't even wake me... in a few weeks/months (depending on child) they stopped doing it.

Sometimes (esp with a new baby) the solution is to change the environment.   If she's been a good sleeper & it's gone bad since the baby, then it probably is about her trying to get her "cup full" & unfortunately young children usually do that at night. 
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05