EAT > Feeding Solid Food

9 mo old - solids vs milk?

<< < (2/3) > >>

creations:
Glad things are clearer for you :)

Lolly:

--- Quote from: KatieAlexis on December 06, 2018, 11:12:25 am ---Thank you so much for the great advice! I feel like it's much clearer now so thank you so much for taking time to help!! Was so sleep deprived I couldn't think clearly ;)

--- End quote ---

You are very welcome! We have all been where you are and one it will be a distant memory!

Laura

KatieAlexis:
Hi Again!
I'm still averaging 3-4 hrs sleep a night (perhaps for a different forum). I just had a question following on about dropping the night feed. I've reduced to 4oz, but she just takes hours to settle. Last night I tried 3oz and she wouldn't settle for 1.5 hrs, after which I added another 4 oz which she hungrily swallowed. Is it possible she's just not ready to drop the night feed?
Thanks!

Lolly:
How much is she getting during the day? If she’s having 3 good bottles during the day and solids then she really doesn’t need that night feed. It’s become a habit, if you ate when you woke every night your body would get used to having the calories and you would get used to eating at that time.

You do need to decide on a plan and see it through, she could have just been thirsty rather than hungry so I would stick with the reducing and not offer any more but have a drink of water to hand and offer that. If she knows she’s not getting any more milk she will get the message but if you give in and give her more she has no reason to go back to sleep.

Is she napping well during the day?

Laura

KatieAlexis:
Thanks for the reply. Amazingly it resolved. I waited a bit to reply to be sure. One night I refused to feed her and she svreamed but only for 1 hr. The next 4 nights she slept through! She's teething and we've had one more bad night of 2 hrs screaming, but otherwise sleeping through and no milk given so thank you for convincing me it was time to stop that feed! 3 bottles in day plus food is obviously sufficient as you said :)
Sleepibg through now means 615am wake up, but guess that makes sense if she's not awake in the night  ;)
Thanks so much! X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version