Author Topic: 2 yr old STILL EW and worried not enough total sleep? Should I shorten nap?  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
We have always had EW, although if DS2(2yr) would let DS1(4yr) sleep in (they are in the same big bed) now that DS1 he has dropped his nap I think he would sleep 7-7 if he could.

Link to ideal sleep times for ages? I think DS1 gets 9-10 and DS2 gets 12

We have dropped Paci about a month or so ago for both and DS1 was immediately fine but DS2 has taken it hard. A month later we are trying to wean DH from him as HE is now the BT Paci. (I am the NW paci) And now when he wakes at 5am there is no hope.

Schedule

5 - 5:45 WU
12 - 2:30 /3  Nap
7 BT
7:30-8 sleep (we have put blackout curtains in which has helped BT and EW a little as it is only dark 8pm -4:30am here)

Should I try to shorten the nap?

THANKS!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Link to ideal sleep times for ages? I think DS1 gets 9-10 and DS2 gets 12
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=85130.0
I think your DS1 might need more than 9-10 hrs although it depends on mood etc of course.
The guidance at 4yo is 11.5hrs

Shortening DS2's nap sounds like a good idea to try,it's a long nap and some LOs drop their nap at 2yo so I would think you could get a longer night with a shorter nap. Maybe try to cap it at a sleep cycle transition time to help with the mood when waking.

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Great advice - difficult to tell transition time but any help with mood waking would be great! ;D
thanks Creations!