Author Topic: 7 month old NWs  (Read 1978 times)

Offline MiasMama

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 month old NWs
« on: November 26, 2018, 12:17:26 pm »
Hello,
Our Angel Baby has started waking up more at night. He has been on EASY since birth and extremely predictable. He hit 6 months about 6 weeks ago and since then has been all over the place with all the 6 month changes: teething, scooting, solids, more nursing bc of growth spurt, slowing going to 2 naps, etc. Naps have been so hard to predict with him and they are finally affecting his night sleep.

One other factor in this is I don't know how much milk he's getting and my supply dropped so we started supplementing with formula after almost each feed to make sure he has enough. Now we aren't sure what he needs as I think it's part of the routine. We realized he must be getting too much at night as he's soaking through even a night diaper!

EASY:
S: 7pm
NWs: 12pm, 3am for nurse and bottle
A: 5:30am up for the day
S: 8am
A: 11:20am
S: 2:00pm
A: 3:20pm
S: 6:45
NWs: 10pm, 2am, 5:30am, (nurse/bottle)
A: 7am
(S: 10 min nap at 10am at Church)
S: 11:40am
A: 2:00pm
CN: 5:00-5:30pm
S: 7

Last night I worked on tanking him up better in the evening but he still woke up at 10:30pm, 1am, 4am (nurse/bottle) and was up again at 5:30am for the day and had soaked through his diaper. Basically, we aren't sure what to do. He was clearly waking up to nurse back to sleep.

*We did a modified PU/PD earlier this month and that seemed to be very helpful but he was hungry some nights with my milk supply dropping and we were having trouble figuring out if he was hungry or if we should do PU/PD
*My husband does it and he's in the room with DS and calms him with his voice.
*We use a paci but not for PU/PD and he's not dependent.
*What do we focus on first?

Thank you! I've received so much help and encouragement over the years and I'm so grateful!

Lisa

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 7 month old NWs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:16:57 am »
One other factor in this is I don't know how much milk he's getting and my supply dropped
That's the confusing thing about BF, supply doesn't necessarily drop (esp if you've fed lots at a growth spurt) the consistency of the milk changes so the feeling in you breasts may not be the same, but the amount of nutrition can be greater. 

You mention you suspect he is nursing to go back to sleep & that he uses a Paci... dependency isn't about if they keep sleeping if it falls out, but if they can go to sleep without it. I suspect he may need sucking (Paci or feeding ) to go back to sleep when he wakes - waking at night is normal, but being able to drift back to sleep is a skill that takes a while to get to.

Is he on solids? & how many feeds is he taking in 24hours & at what times during the day? that I information will help with how to work out what the best moves are.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline MiasMama

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7 month old NWs
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 00:43:22 am »
Hello,
Thank you for your response! Good reminder on that point, that I may still be producing enough. I had dropped white sugar/white flour out of my diet and losing weight and  DS was still hungry after nursing unfortunately. I think I'm back to normal

He nurses at 7am, 11:30am, a snack usually before his 2:30pm, 4pm, 6pm and sometimes a top off before bed. He also nurses 1-3 times at night. 10pm, 2am, 5:30am. (or thereabouts)

He is on solids but mostly just 1 time a day.

Does that help?