Author Topic: 11.5m old 2hr long night waking  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Nat.lou.al

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I'll donate to BabyWhispererForums
« on: December 10, 2018, 13:49:20 pm »
My son has never been a great night sleeper, but at 9.5m started waking for 2 hrs overnight, mostly happy but wide awake, often between 1-3 but not always (doesn’t seem to be habitual) I started cutting nap time thinking day sleep was robbing night which seemed to help, then he started refusing am nap, so tried 2:1 transition (being flexible with catch up 2 nap days) and he was EW around 4.30/5 which made the one nap impossible due to long awake time. So went back to 2 naps
His EASY right now
Up 6 (often wakes earlier but we shush him till 6)
E nurses at 6, solids 7
A
S 9-10 (I wake from this nap)
E snack
A outside time with his older brother
E lunch 12
S 1.30-3
E nurse & snack (trying to wean)
Bath 6.30
BT 7

It’s been tricky to have a perfect EASY due to his older brothers preschool drop off/pick ups and he still naps 12.30-2, and we need some outside burn off steam time for his busy sibling (he’s 3)

His nights are so random, some days he’ll sleep through then wake early (although I can’t remember the last time we didn’t have any NW. About 2-3 times a week he’ll do the 2 hr wakes, other nights he’ll wake once, nurse then settle. I’m completely lost!
Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 11.5m old 2hr long night waking
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 19:11:04 pm »
Rather than cutting down to one nap I think you might have more success with reducing the first nap down to 45 min or 30 min and keeping the second nap long, perhaps with that first nap put him down 15 min later but wake at the same time to try to keep the afternoon nap the same.
As he is 2 months older than when you previously tried the 2-1 he might be more ready now but even so most drop the second nap slowly, in steps.

Offline Nat.lou.al

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I'll donate to BabyWhispererForums
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:15:30 am »
Thank you for your message.
Sorry I wasn’t clear, but we tried the 2:1 transition at 11 months, thinking it was too early but not knowing what else to do.

I’ll try cutting his nap time further. He had 45 mins this morning because he took a while to settle, had a 1.5hr pm nap, he’s been wide awake 11.30-1.15am so far 😫
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 18:27:32 pm by Nat.lou.al »