Author Topic: 5 mo old suddenly screaming at top of lungs  (Read 3477 times)

Offline CaliforniaMama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 mo old suddenly screaming at top of lungs
« on: December 18, 2018, 19:44:36 pm »
Hi everyone,

Please help, as I'm in tears. My little cutie figured out sleeping on her own most times with sush Pat and put/pd. But then a couple weeks ago it seems she's forgotten it and her crying at sleep times has progressively increased. She is now screaming at the top of her lungs. I just put her down for a nap, and you'd think she was literally getting tortured to hear her. I don't know what to do. It's like the effect of cio, except that I haven't left her to cio. I try sush Pat, doesn't help. When I pick her up, it often wakes her more and she looks at the door and screams if I don't take her out of the room. And she just screams in my arms. Today I didn't pick her up to see if it would help, and it didn't. And now I feel like a terrible mother for not picking her up. I just don't know how to help her. She finally screamed herself to sleep. She'll probably be hoarse soon from all the screaming. What do I do? I will try extending get A time to 3 hours (it's been 2.5 for a while, so maybe she needs longer?)

Also, I don't want to do cio, but sometimes she screams more if I go in the room. (I usually give her a chance to self sooth, which she used to be able to do. Then if she can't, I go in.) So what do I do if she screams more with me there?

Thanks for your tips!