Author Topic: 9 month old EASY - long days, night wakes, 2-1?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline lxm100

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 month old EASY - long days, night wakes, 2-1?
« on: January 03, 2019, 07:45:23 am »
Having trouble with my 9 month old’s EASY. I know it needs tweaking, but not sure how?

“Typical” day:
6.30 wu
A 3hr
9.30 -10.10/10.20 (40-50 min nap)
A 3.5hr
1.45 - 3.45 (about 2 hour nap. Don’t let sleep past 4)
A 4hr
7.45 bt

Nights are not very good. Always at least 2 wakes. Typically every 4 hours. Recently after first 4 hours she’s awake and won’t go back to sleep for at least an hour. She’s tired and crying during that time.

I’ve tried stretching the first A time in 15 min increments, up to 4hours. She actually sleeps better overnight with a long am/short pm nap. However I can’t find a reliable first A time to get a long nap. 3h45 will get a 1.5-2hour nap one day, but a 50-1.25hour nap the next (which she wakes up from crying). Which then means I try let her catch up in the pm - which doesn’t always happen resulting in a very OT baby at bedtime.

She’s the most consistent with short a.m./long pm nap, so that’s why I’ve stuck with that (though I’d actually rather the other way around - it would work out much better with future childcare arrangements).

I think the nights are also in part a settling issue, though I’m trying not to worry as she used to self-settle for all naps and bedtime. Separation anxiety hit us a few weeks ago, so I’m gradually weaning off of shush-pat.

Thoughts on a postcard please? I go back to work in 2 weeks and would really like some sort of consistency (and sleep) by then!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 9 month old EASY - long days, night wakes, 2-1?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 16:34:36 pm »
3h45 will get a 1.5-2hour nap one day, but a 50-1.25hour nap the next (which she wakes up from crying).
This sounds like my DS when he was UT and needed a longer A time to get him a good nap so that he didn't wake crying from it.  Maybe just move to 4hr morning A time and stick it out for a week  to let it settle down?

Offline lxm100

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 9 month old EASY - long days, night wakes, 2-1?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 22:41:28 pm »
I will give it a try and report back! 3hr30 A time this morning resulted in 40 min nap...definitely UT so I’ll keep stretching.