Author Topic: 12 week old needs routine or could it something else  (Read 5538 times)

Offline Han12345

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 week old needs routine or could it something else
« on: January 01, 2019, 15:35:58 pm »
Hi everyone,

My LG will be 12 weeks old tomorrow. She’s been a dream baby so far. But the last couple of weeks she seems to be getting more and more unsettled and I don’t know where to start with helping her.

She’s currently breastfed but we are thinking of introducing some formula soon just so family can help out.

She goes to bed around 6.30pm and usually sleeps well. Till about 2pm and then will sometimes be about 6/7am. We sometimes get up for the day at 7am if im up with my little girl too. Or if my husband is around we might try stay in bed.

In the day our routine is led by my 3 year old most the time. She ends up just sleeping as and when she can but easily wakes if the car stops/ pram stops,etc. Up till this week her nighttime was still good so I wasn’t worried but now her sleep at night is a lot more disrupted. I’m having to put her dummy in more and she’s waking earlier for a feed. She even started shouting about a bit in her sleep

I also used to be able to put her down and she would self soothe in her bed well at any time. Now and again I could get her to have a good hour or twos sleep. But in th last couple of weeks I’m running up and down constantly putting the dummy in.

Today I’m trying to get her to relax in my arms and she only manages 10 mins and keeps getting upset. Then will settle again with a bum tap or jiggle.

She seems so tired. She is a bit snotty so not sure if she’s taking in more air when she’s feeding but I’m starting to worry she’s not getting what she wants now.

Does it sound like I need to work more on her routine? If so can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 12 week old needs routine or could it something else
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 00:11:46 am »
12 weeks can be tricky as there is also a growth spurt around 3months, so she could be at that stage & it could also be developmental & needing longer A times. Or maybe as you are needing to re-plug frequently it could be it's beginning to be a prop.

I'd definitely play around with 5 mins longer awake & try feeding a bit more in the day if you can & see what happens, but it could just be a bump in the road that settles after a few weeks... so much changes in the early months that sometimes it's just a bump that sorts its self out.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Han12345

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 12 week old needs routine or could it something else
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:00:46 am »
Hi, thank you for your reply. I didn’t even think to look at the leaps/ growth spurts. She definitely learning a lot and has just discovered her hands and is much more aware of her surroundings, noises, etc. Maybe that could explain a lot and why she needs the comfort of me a bit more too. Thank you. I will try more awake time and try stick to things for now. Thank you

Offline oyewivuxu

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0