Author Topic: 2.5 year old sleep gone wrong...  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Chelsea22

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 11, 2019, 14:45:03 pm »
My 27 month old has been on EASY since 4 weeks and worked a dream. He is out of nappies, no dummy, slept in his own bed and room and until recently we had lots of digression. He refuses to nap or go to bed in the evening without a fight meaning once routine is over he will keep coming out the room and either my husband or I take him back, this can Be up to an hour later before he sleeps. Sometimes he comes out and wants mummy to take him, or other times it’s daddy takes him. This is the same everyday and each time it’s he wants water or tucked in etc.
When he does sleep or Nap, he seems to be dreaming, always shouting out or wakes crying until I go and comfort him to get back to sleep. It's exhausting as we have a 8 week old. All the issues started with his brother been born and we have given him extra attention and me time. He is great with his brother and always very loving.
Any ideas on what we could be doing to help him?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 2.5 year old sleep gone wrong...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 22:02:17 pm »
A LOT change s with a sibling.

The main thing I'd say is don't measure attention you give based on time, measure it based on what he 'requests' ... The evening callbacks indicate it's not the type he is feeling fills his cup up.
Try extending the pre bed routine and more incidental cuddles in the day.

dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05