Author Topic: 14m early morning wake up post 2 to 1 nap transition  (Read 7585 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 14m early morning wake up post 2 to 1 nap transition
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2019, 03:30:05 am »
You are right this site is to help others with sleep

BUT in keeping with Tracy's ethos, which was never to support methods that left babies to cry alone to promote sleep.
See this link in the FAQ https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=19710.0

Also as someone who spent more than a decade at the coal face of medical research & since children I have proofed and checked for correct cross-referencing of hundreds of research papers, I'm well aware how data can be used to support a chosen theory, while ignoring information that indicates otherwise. Scientific evidence is almost always used to support the desired outcome and is (surprisingly often) not as accurate as it should be.

Also the Nurse I spoke about has worked for almost 3 decades at an organisation in Australia, that's sole purpose is to help parents with babies... the organisation "The Royal Society for the Welfare of Mothers and Babies": is 100 years old & has multiple centres across NSW & more recently into Asian Countries. It has people employed whose sole job is determine best practice and because of their research, they will never always look to methods that will avoid any potential stress on a baby (& crying does cause stress) .  As you say there is no scientific evidence that it is harmful... but yet the The Australian Association for Infant Mental Health Inc, seems to question otherwise in a broader look at wellbeing.

But as you say each their own & I've written all this for any other parents to help them understand that Controlled crying is not best practice.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 14m early morning wake up post 2 to 1 nap transition
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2019, 18:52:25 pm »
As katet has said we don’t support any form of CIO on these forums, as you have said of course it is each to their own but we would rather help you with a more gentle sleep training approach.
Also try to remember that they don’t have these wake ups to be awkward or to annoy you they have times were developmentally they cannot sleep without help or they don’t understand its not morning, they are just awake and want comfort or company.

I hope the good nights continue
Zoe