Author Topic: Double ear infection, pneumonia and influenza-> done  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Double ear infection, pneumonia and influenza-> done
« on: February 11, 2019, 14:43:01 pm »
My little guy who is 21 months has just gotten through the worst couple of weeks. He is now on the mend for about 2 weeks now, he had pneumonia a double ear infection and influenza.
He is finally on the mend and doing okay. During that time of 3/4 weeks he just slept in our bed because he was so sick. Now that he is on the mend he goes to bed just fine when I put him to sleep in his crib but he wakes every 2/3 hrs all night and it’s just too much now. I don’t know if he is napping too long or he needs more activity time.
Help anyone?

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Double ear infection, pneumonia and influenza-> done
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 18:25:14 pm »
Is he breathing okay or still congested?

Also, is he perhaps teething on top of everything else? Try some pain meds a bit before bedtime and see if it helps - if it does, you know the issue is likely pain, whether from teething or congested ears that still haven't completely cleared or whatever.

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 19:29:34 pm »
Any suggestions on getting him to sleep through the night? Should I try the go in smooth and than put him in crib and walk out and wait. If he cries continue to do so until he settles? He is a stubborn one so it might be a long few nights.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 10:26:05 am »
My DS1 got sick a few times that ended in hospital stays... One nurse told me 2-3 days for every day sick to get back to 'normal'
They become quite emotionally scarred by being sick, they don't understand it and they need loads of hand holding to get themselves back to balance.
Rather than bringing my DS1 into our bed, we set up a mattress on the floor and sleeping there... The night wakings got less but also our voice could sooth without us moving.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05