Author Topic: now 20 mo old chg in sleep  (Read 2184 times)

Offline ac333

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • soulspiration
now 20 mo old chg in sleep
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:39:47 am »
hi, again, can't believe i'm posting again. my daughter is qute the spitfire.  has kept me on my toes for a long time.  but around 12 mo's her sleep got better, off and on.  her put down has almost always been good tho.  but her night wakings wer super frequent.  sometimes she's up between 1am-4am and not letting us leave the room.
now it has been a bit reversed  few or less brutal night wakings, but her put-downs have been tought.  she has been crying since she was 18mo's old approx.  so about 2 mos now. 
basically when we put her down, she will cry.  she eventually settles when we put our hand on her. but once it's off, she will cry. so often times, we will stay in her room until she falls asleep. and sneak out.  i almost had her last week, where she would cry once, i would reassure her with my words while placing my hand on her chest/back, and i could walk out.  but she caught a cold and now she's completely regressed. 
i understand this is a milestone time for them. 
do you think wi/wo is a bad time to do?  should i just ride it out?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: now 20 mo old chg in sleep
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 19:52:01 pm »
Hi there, it sounds like separation anxiety, it does peak around this age.

I’d start with gradual withdrawal if she is upset, use your voice to comfort rather than hand and every few nights move a little further towards the door.

Is she still napping? What’s her general mood like x
Zoe