Author Topic: 21 month old- not sure if i’m doing something wrong?  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Serenede

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
21 month old- not sure if i’m doing something wrong?
« on: March 06, 2019, 20:24:54 pm »
Hi I have a 21 month old boy and have followed the baby whisperer pretty much from day 1. We’ve had periods of disrupted sleep but he sleeps independently and only really wakes in the night if unwell. For the past couple of months however his awake time can vary by 1.5 hours and bedtime seems to be getting later. Our routine is:

WU-Between 5.30-7am
Nap-1-2.30 (Always stick to this time)
BT- In bed by 7.20pm but often not asleep until 8pm

I’m not sure if he’s getting enough sleep in total? If he wakes early he will stay in his cot for 30-40 mins. He eats well, talks a lot. I have tried leaving him to sleep at lunchtimes for longer but this just results in BT getting later. If he wakes at 7am and goes to bed at 8pm this is fine with me but when he wakes at 5.30am for no apparent reason I dont get it! He’s then grumpy by 10am and falling asleep on the way to an activity. I still stick to nap at the same time but can’t get him to go to sleep any earlier at night even if I put him down by 7pm. His room is very dark and pitch black at 5.30am.

Any thoughts??

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 21 month old- not sure if i’m doing something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 19:49:07 pm »
Hi sorry you’ve had no replies, it’s a typical age for language explosion but also to start thinking about reducing day sleep as it can start to rob from night.

Is there a pattern so say if it’s a 5.30 WU is the next morning 5.30 or 7 etc
Zoe

Offline Serenede

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 13:58:51 pm »
Thank you! Yes i’m wondering if i need to reduce the day sleep more. I think there is a pattern, this morning it was 5.30am and yesterday 6.30am. I’ll try and look closer at it.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 20:04:08 pm »
You could always try waking from nap 15 mins earlier or cutting 15 mins off start x
Zoe