Author Topic: 2.5 Waking earlier in morning  (Read 121 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: February 23, 2019, 12:16:46 pm »
My lo just turned 2.5 and he wasnít messing around with naps for a while. If his brother or father or someone is here itís hard to get him down so there are days when he doesnít nap and he clearly needs it since his afternoon gets really ugly without one. So even on days when someone is home and heís fighting the nap I can sometimes still get him to take one even if itís late at 2pm! My question is that heís waking earlier in the morning even on days when he doesnít nap heís not tacking on sleep. Heís only getting 10 hours of sleep on those days or 11-11.5 on days when he does nap. Whatís typical amount of total sleep for this age. Is there anyway for me to get him to not wake so early in am? We have white noise machine and blackout curtains but heís still waking early. Thanks

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 2.5 Waking earlier in morning
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 07:02:59 am »
Are you putting him to bed early when you donít have a nap?
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 13:24:17 pm »
Not really. Itís toughh because he and his older brother have their nighttime routine and he gets so upset if he misses it. So we do try our best for earlier bedtime but sometimes he does a 13 hour day with no nap and itís awful.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 2.5 Waking earlier in morning
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 19:44:22 pm »
Heís prob waking early due to OT. If you canít change BT you might have to just ride it out or get a nap on those EW days!?
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 17:48:14 pm »
Now with the time change itís really all over the place. It seems like he needs 6.5 hours in morning before he will take a nap if he does even nap and heíll typically do an 1-1.5 hour nap. Used to be two hours after only a 6 hour A time. At least there are days when he does still nap because he struggles in the afternoons when he doesnít. He def is awake a bit later at night but I think itís due to the time change I hope. But it usually asleep by 830/45 pm so about 5.5 hours A time.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: Today at 00:53:17 »
We did get him to bed earlier the past two nights being that he wouldnít nap so about a 12.5 hour day going to try for a 12 hour day moving forward. So 730 am-730pm. Is that about right for a 32 month old? This issue is we have a bedtime routine with him and his older brother whoís 5.5. So changing that routine has been tough and heís looking for big brother. Although big brother usually only does a 12.5/13 hour day but I think 730 might be bit early for him to go to bed heís usually asleep between 8-830. The 12 hour day is still tough for the little one itís a long day and he doesnít stop to rest at all he just goes and goes all day and heís cranky without the nap. Maybe I can still hang on to every few days of a nap. Is that typical either ? Any tips on bedtime routines for two kids together that are three years apart?