Author Topic: Night feeding  (Read 3243 times)

Offline MelanieD

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 19, 2019, 14:37:21 pm »
Hello! My sweet son is just about 5 months old and has been falling asleep on his own, thankfully, for a couple months. We made it through the 4 month sleep regression and he has been lengthening his naps back out to about 1.5-2 hours( sometimes still 46-60 min). His nighttime sleep has not recovered, however. Before the regression he was giving us a 6-7 hour chunk and then waking 1-2 times. He is now waking every 1-2 hours. We are possibly dealing with teething and we have an appointment with the dermatologist to deal with some baby eczema that may be causing discomfort. But the nightwaking has been going on for 2 weeks. He wants to feed everytinr he gets up at night- tho he will go back down even if he’s awake after. I don’t follow a schedule but we do follow a rough EASY routine with 2 hour awake times and feeding upon waking. There are times when it’s more of an EAEAS routine bc otherwise he won’t make it. Any suggestions? He’s been a good sleeper since birth so this is really throwing us. My daughter is 25 months and boy am I trying to learn from all the mistakes I made with her!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Night feeding
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 20:19:18 pm »
Sounds like it could be a growth spurt. are you BF as I'd try feeding more in day.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Night feeding
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:11:00 am »
What is causing the eczema? Could there be an allergy to dairy or something else perhaps?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011