Author Topic: Screaming to sleep in my arms at nap time  (Read 1577 times)

Offline MissyMarms

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Screaming to sleep in my arms at nap time
« on: March 18, 2019, 11:48:44 am »
Im really struggling with naps. My daughter is 17 weeks and will now only nap while being held. She used to fall asleep in the buggy but that has stopped this week.
I have honed in on her sweet spot for falling asleep which is about 1hr 30 mins. 15 mins before we go into her room i put her down and she watches her mobile for a few mins with some music on. She starts to get upset so i pick her up and sing to her. I then rock her to sleep while shushing and patting but she screams the whole time. I would love to trt pu/pd but i want to try to phase out the rocking first but its awful she just screams herself to sleep while im holding her whether i rock her or not. Naps are then 40 mins on me. Cant put her down she just wakes straught up. Im at the end of my tether. Please comment some advice guys.
We are following EASY (without the Y at present) and baby is textbook but o feel with a hint of touchy nap wise...but she does wake up smiling! Wont take a dummy/paci

Offline KBolton

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Screaming to sleep in my arms at nap time
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 13:12:45 pm »
Bless you! That must be so difficult. We’ve all been in similar situation, you’re not alone.

The mobile could be too stimulating for her. It could be overestimating just before bed time. Have you tried removing it. Maybe introduce another sleep cue instead.

Offline ZanesOTmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Screaming to sleep in my arms at nap time
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 01:41:18 am »
Hi there. I’m in the same dilemma. However, LO napped 2-3hrs at a time at 10wo with 1.5-1.75h A time. He then stopped long naps and back to 30-40min naps. I’ve been extending to see what the sweet spot is but we’re now at 2.25h and 55mins is the longest. He’s now 17weeks and looks like still UT 🤷🏻‍♀️  Perhaps your LO needs more A time as well?