Author Topic: Will cry forever <3  (Read 1471 times)

Offline eoc1212

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:36 am »
Help please! My little one is sleep trained at night (4 months old) but is staging a full stop protest on napping in her crib.  Will nap in the car just fine but not the crib.  Today after trying everything I fed her twice and rocked her eventually I just had to try to let her cry it out.  She cried for 3 hours :( it was terrible.  I felt awful but nothing else has worked.  Neither did the extinction method.  I got her up at 3.25 hours and fed her and she only slept 10 minutes.  At night she does just fine... what am I missing? 

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Will cry forever <3
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 05:40:56 am »
It's hard when they won't sleep.
Was she in your arms crying for 3 hours or alone in the crib.
If she was alone, please don't do that again  firstly she will be horribly dehydrated from all that crying and secondly it can cause a lot of stress to a babies brain.

Some babies just don't follow the textbook.

If she is sleeping well at night be thankful.  In the day I'd recommend trying to get her to sleep for 40mins maximum But that is you actively there even if she is crying, the best way is to either Put/pd, so  pick her up and cuddle until she calms, then place into bed, then pick up again when/if she gets upset.
Remember babies don't have the skills to fall asleep without help and as they get older they can often need more calm down time as they are processing more around them.
Most importantly it really isn't anything you are missing more your beautiful daughter just hasn't read the books and she's probably also going through a development stage and is all over the shop.
For the next few days just try and get her to sleep in ways that work and then start a fresh but please please don't leave her to cry alone ever. She will only sleep that way because her brain shuts down through exhaustion rather than calmly going off to sleep from learning to relax.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05